A Service-Orientated Mission Trip
Getting to teach at the school for the week and going to the market were both amazing experiences. Outreach360 is a highly organized and well run mission. They give you the freedom to use your creativity and ideas in a pre-planned empowering environment.Marce King, La Campagne Ministries
I say nothing but incredibly positive statements about Outreach360! Passionate, friendly, caring, intelligent and insightful staff. A great hands on week for teenagers and adults to work with kids in a third world setting. Experiential learning that changes teenagers perspectives on helping others. A safe, life-changing week long service trip that allows teenagers/students to grow and learn about who they are as they serve others.Eric Schaefer, Palisades Presbyterian Church
Volunteer With Us!
Outreach360 strives to serve children living in the poorest of neighborhoods by providing opportunities that empower them to transform their own lives. Drawing strength from the experience, diversity, talents and resources of our volunteers we promote innovative education as a solution to the challenges of poverty and a sustainable path to a life of choice. As a church team, you will fill this critical role in education, providing engaging and meaningful learning activities for children at Outreach360 Learning Centers or in local neighborhoods. Although our programs differ from mission trips focused on short-term tangible projects like building a house or conducting a vacation Bible study camp, they provide an powerful opportunity for church teams to be involved in longer-term sustainable development by forming a crucial part in the ongoing presence we have in the lives of the children and the communities we serve. We focus on truly selfless service, meeting the needs of impoverished children.
Have your Church Team transform the world!
Health & Safety is Our #1 Priority
The health and safety of our volunteers is our number one priority! Since 1994, our more than 22,000 volunteers have enjoyed a safe experience with Outreach360. Our experienced leadership team, professional and reliable program, and industry leading insurance has always ensured volunteer security, allowing church officials and parents to rest assured while participants focus on serving.
We ensure that volunteers of all faiths will be welcome and comfortable with Outreach360 service programs. Nonetheless, our programs focus on bringing people together to generate change in the communities we serve, and it is likely you will be volunteering with non-churched people. As a Christian volunteer, some important considerations include:
- There will be time set aside and space available for devotions and worship throughout the week. As at team, you can choose to have your own devotion and worship time, or to invite other volunteers to join you. As an individual or family, you can coordinate devotion and worship time with other Christian volunteers. You are welcome to invite Outreach360 leaders to join you, but you should not expect them to lead the devotion and worship time.
- There will be arrangements made for you to attend an optional local church service. It is likely that not all volunteers will choose to attend. If you are interested in attending a specific service, such as Catholic mass, please coordinate with an Outreach360 leader before your arrival.
- Before meals, you will be able to participate in personal prayer or pray with other Christian volunteers. We won’t coordinate a prayer for all volunteers before meals.
- Living and working in this environment with other Christian and non-churched volunteers provides a great opportunity to create relationships . You are welcome to share yourself with other volunteers in a mature way. We do promise all volunteers that they will not be evangelized to.
To Summarize, You Should Consider Joining Outreach360 If You:
- Are interested in a service focused mission.
- Are comfortable working with non-churched people.
- Are mature in your Christian faith and are looking to contribute to the people around you. There are many opportunities to grow in your Christian faith, but those opportunities will be self generated by you and your team.
You Should Probably Not Join Outreach360 If You:
- Desire a strongly evangelical preaching mission trip.
- Prefer to only participate with other Christian volunteers.
- Are new to your Christian faith, and are primarily looking to this trip to provide spiritual nurturing to you. Outreach360 leaders will not be actively working to specifically provide spiritual growth opportunities for you.
Program Availability[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Volunteers join the Outreach360 Volunteer Program throughout the year, with the exception of a few weeks in December around the holidays. Teams of 10 or more are invited to join us in the Dominican Republic ANY Saturday to Saturday that does not overlap with our closed dates in December listed below. In addition, the Outreach360 Volunteer Program in the Dominican Republic is open to all individuals and families for volunteer trips ranging from 1-6 weeks in length during the following dates:
- December 29, 2018 – January 12, 2019 (2 weeks)
- February 16, 2019 – March 30, 2019 (6 weeks)
- June 22 - August 3, 2019 (6 Weeks)
- December 7 - December 28, 2019 (3 weeks)
Church Team Interest Form
Please allow us to send you additional information via e-mail