Thank you for inquiring as to what donations you can bring with you. Below are a list of needed donations for the Dominican Republic.
If you are planning on involving people in your network to make a difference with you, we encourage you to invite them to be financial donors, as well as to donate supplies. Funds provide the most flexibility in meeting current needs. Suggested use of the funds are for:
- Learning Center Construction
- English Curriculum
- Spanish Children’s Books
Please remember that all donations need to be brought with you in your checked suitcase(s). Sending supplies to the Dominican Republic is expensive; the funds used to ship things could probably be better used in-country.
If you receive donations of supplies beyond what you can bring with you, we encourage you to prioritize your donations, and to donate the extra to a good local charity. Or conduct a yard sale, and convert the extra donations into needed cash. Of course you should let the people who donated supplies know if you are doing something other than bringing them with you on your trip.
Below is a list of needed items. Any of these items are excellent to personally invite friends and family to donate, or to do a group supplies drive.
Food (highest priority)
Items that are expensive or unavailable in-country; for use by volunteers. Frees up Outeach360 funds for other uses.
- PEANUT BUTTER (Please Note: TSA considers peanut butter and jellies/jams as liquids. If you plan on bringing them, please make sure that they are packed in checked luggage.)
- JELLY AND JAM (TSA considers jelly and jam as liquids. Please pack in your checked luggage.)
- Cake Mix/Brownie Mix (& cake frosting)
- Mexican Salsa
- Parmesan Cheese
- Powdered Gatorade Mix
Non-Food Items (high priority)
- Spanish , English, and Bi-Lingual Children’s Books
- Baseballs and Gloves (Please no batting helmets or catcher’s gear)
- Soccer Balls, Volley Balls, Kick Balls, Jump Ropes
- Instant Hand Sanitizer
- Mosquito Repellent
- Pepto-bismol, other gastrointestinal treatment you might use at home
- Band Aids- Multiple sizes
- Tylenol – Advil – Midol
- Antiseptic/Antibacterial Cream and Spray
- Anti-Inch Cream
- Cold Medicine
- Allergy Medicine
School Supplies (To Use in your Lesson Preparation)
- Construction paper
- Poster paper
- Card stock
Please DO NOT bring the following:
- Coloring Crayons
- Jig-saw puzzles
- Stuffed animals
- Heavy sweaters
- Nail polish
- 3 ring binders
- Non-bound spiral notebooks