Holi-Yay! $50,000 Matching Gift for Outreach360!
Great News! The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is offering to match donations made to Outreach360, up to $50,000, on Giving Tuesday! This is a unique, first time event – an incredible opportunity for Outreach360!
The Gates Foundation’s $2,000,000 in matching gifts has already been donated. It’s still Giving Tuesday, and a great day to raise funds for Outreach360! Thank you for creating a fund-raising page here, or donating on our Facebook page!
- The Gates Foundation is partnering with Facebook – donations must be made on Facebook.
- Only donations made after 8:00 a.m. Eastern time on Giving Tuesday will be matched.
- We are competing with all other non-profits for the funds being raised. The Gates Foundation will match up to $50,000 to each registered non-profit, up to a total matching gift of $2,000,000 to all non-profits. The $2,000,000 will probably go fast, so we want to have donations made soon after the 8:00 a.m. Eastern start time.
- The Gates Foundation and Facebook want to encourage social media participation and the involvement of all of our supporters. So they will match up to $1000/fund-raiser. To have $50,000 of our funds matched, we need at least 50 of our supporters to raise $1000. Our goal is to actually have at least 200 of our supporters actively raising funds on Tuesday. So each person doesn’t have to raise $1000. We invite you to be one of those fund-raisers! Or to donate to one of those fund-raisers!
Here are three ways you can be involved:
- Be a fund-raiser on Facebook, inviting your Facebook friends to make a difference! It takes just a few minutes to create a personal fund-raising page using Facebook tools. We encourage you to do this on Tuesday morning at 8:00 a.m., or shortly before. Remember that donations made on your page before 8:00 a.m. Eastern time will not be matched. Instructions are:
- Search for Outreach360, Inc. Here.
- Choose how much money you are looking to raise; we encourage you to enter $1000. You can use the default fund-raiser end date. Click “Next”.
- You can use the default fund-raiser title, and the one paragraph description. Or edit it to something you feel will resonate more powerfully with your friends and family. Here’s an optional paragraph: “Please join me in donating to a cause I am involved with, Outreach360. Donations made to this page on Giving Tuesday will be matched by the Gates Foundation, up to $1000 (until the Gates Foundation has matched $2,000,000. Please donate now; every dollar makes a difference!” Click “Next”.
- Pick a cover photo, using one of your own, one provided by Facebook, or one of these: Nicaragua Photo | Dominican Photo. Click “Create”. Your fund-raising page is complete and working!
- Share on your Facebook timeline and e-mail to friends and family!
If you are celebrating with family and friends on Thanksgiving, or meeting with them over the weekend, share what you are doing, and let them know to expect a donation request on Tuesday!
- Give us your credit card information before Tuesday, so we can make the donation on your behalf. Especially if you are on the West coast – we don’t expect you to wake up at 5:00 a.m. So please reply to this e-mail with your phone number, and we will call you to collect your credit card information. Or you can call us at 602-882-8628. Your credit card information will be stored securely until Tuesday morning, and then will be destroyed after your donation is made.
- Make a donation on Tuesday morning! Go to our Facebook page, we will have opportunities to donate posted on Facebook. And you might receive those posts on your Facebook newsfeed as well. Because of the time sensitivity, please make a note on your calendar to make that donation on Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time.
Thank you for participating! Your $50,000 in donations, and the Gates Foundation $50,000 in matching funds will make a huge difference to Outreach360 and our students in the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua!