A SERVICE-ORIENTATED MISSION TRIP
Every day of the year Outreach360 serves disadvantaged children burdened by the limitations of poverty through our dynamic education programs powered by our compassionate and devoted volunteers. We believe that every child should be free from the shackles of poverty, and ultimately have the opportunity to live a life of choice. By working together and harvesting the power of human potential we believe we can make this vision a reality. But, lasting change doesn’t happen overnight! It happens when passionate volunteers come together and work to create a better future for all children. At Outreach360, we create a safe, affordable, and exciting way for church teams to be a part of our mission in giving children a life of choice.
HEAR IT FROM PAST CHURCH TEAMS
“I say nothing but incredibly positive statements about Outreach360! Passionate, friendly, caring, intelligent and insightful staff. A great hands on week for teenagers and adults to work with kids in a third world setting. Experiential learning that changes teenagers perspectives on helping others. A safe, life-changing week long service trip that allows teenagers/students to grow and learn about who they are as they serve others.” - Eric Schaefer, Palisades Presbyterian Church 2013
“Getting to teach at the school for the week and going to the market were both amazing experiences. Outreach360 is a highly organized and well run mission. They give you the freedom to use your creativity and ideas in a pre-planned empowering environment.” - Marce King, La Campagne Ministries 2013
VOLUNTEER WITH US!
YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY
We ensure that volunteers of all faiths will be welcome and comfortable with Outreach360 service programs. Nonetheless, our programs focus on bringing people together to generate change in the communities we serve, and it is likely you will be volunteering with non-churched people. As a Christian volunteer, some important considerations include:
- There will be time set aside and space available for devotions and worship throughout the week. As at team, you can choose to have your own devotion and worship time, or to invite other volunteers to join you. As an individual or family, you can coordinate devotion and worship time with other Christian volunteers. You are welcome to invite Outreach360 leaders to join you, but you should not expect them to lead the devotion and worship time.
- There will be arrangements made for you to attend an optional local church service. It is likely that not all volunteers will choose to attend. If you are interested in attending a specific service, such as Catholic mass, please coordinate with an Outreach360 leader before your arrival.
- Before meals, you will be able to participate in personal prayer or pray with other Christian volunteers. We won’t coordinate a prayer for all volunteers before meals.
- Living and working in this environment with other Christian and non-churched volunteers provides a great opportunity to create relationships . You are welcome to share yourself with other volunteers in a mature way. We do promise all volunteers that they will not be evangelized to.
TO SUMMARIZE, YOU SHOULD CONSIDER JOINING OUTREACH360 IF YOU:
- Are interested in a service focused mission.
- Are comfortable working with non-churched people.
- Are mature in your Christian faith and are looking to contribute to the people around you. There are many opportunities to grow in your Christian faith, but those opportunities will be self generated by you and your team.
YOU SHOULD PROBABLY NOT JOIN OUTREACH360 IF YOU:
- Desire a strongly evangelical preaching mission trip.
- Prefer to only participate with other Christian volunteers.
- Are new to your Christian faith, and are primarily looking to this trip to provide spiritual nurturing to you. Outreach360 leaders will not be actively working to specifically provide spiritual growth opportunities for you.