- Often a beginning level international mission trip is focused on a tangible project like building a house or a church, or on conducting a basic vacation bible school camp. We have decided our focus needs to be on delivering services in the more intangible area of meeting educational needs— English, Spanish literacy, and public health.
- Our educational focus is more of a long term focus, rather than a short term mission strategy. Even if you are only with us for a week, the ongoing presence of Outreach360 in the community allows you to be a valuable “link in the chain”.
- You will likely be working and volunteering with non-churched people. Many Christian missions create and provide a Christian-only volunteer environment; our program more reflects real life at home.
- There will be time set aside and space available for devotions and worship throughout the week. As at team, you can choose to have your own devotion and worship time, or to invite other volunteers to join you. As an individual or family, you can coordinate devotion and worship time with other Christian volunteers. You are encouraged to invite Outreach360 leaders to join you, but you should not expect them to lead the devotion and worship time.
- There will be arrangements made for you to attend an optional local church service. It is likely that not all volunteers will choose to attend.
- Before meals, you will be able to participate in personal prayer or pray with other Christian volunteers. We won’t coordinate a prayer for all volunteers before meals.
- Living and working in this environment with other Christian and non-churched volunteers provides a great opportunity to create relationships . You are encouraged to share yourself with other volunteers in a mature way. We do promise all volunteers that they will not be evangelized to.
- Are interested in a service focused mission.
- Are comfortable working with non-churched people.
- Are mature in your Christian faith and are looking to contribute to the people around you. There are many opportunities to grow in your Christian faith, but those opportunities will be self generated by you and your team.
- Desire a strongly evangelical preaching mission trip.
- Prefer to only participate with other Christian volunteers.
- Are new to your Christian faith, and are primarily looking to this trip to provide spiritual nurturing to you. Outreach360 leaders will not be actively working to specifically provide spiritual growth opportunities for you.
The Kenilworth Union Church (IL) youth group joined Outreach360 at the Jaibon/Laguna Salada orphanage. They raised $20,000 to build a new sleeping ramada.During the school year, we are normally teaching English and literacy at the Outreach360 English Institute and in local schools. The school system in the Dominican Republic is the worst in North and South America; extra help is greatly appreciated. Learning English provides career and educational opportunities.
If you are looking for a life changing experience, and an experience you will never forget. This is the organization to do it. You will meet kids that will change your life, and be exposed to things that will open your eyes to see the true face of Christ.
- Joseph Mendrala, Maryville, MO
Organized Church Teams
|Christ's Church of the Valley||Epping Bible Baptist Church|
|First Church of Nashua||Grace United Methodist Church|
|Graystone Church||High Point Community Church|
|His House Christian Fellowship - CMU||Hope Community Church|
|Kenilworth Union Church||Kindersley Alliance Church|
|Kingsway Church||Lampeter Church of the Brethren|
|Mount Pleasant Community Church||Old Orchard Church|
|Pacific Palisades Presbyterian Church||Refinery Christian Church|
|Rumple Memorial Presbyterian Church||St. Clare's Episcopal Church|
|The Promise Church||Christ's Church of Fountain Hills|