Below is a sample waiver from the registration form that all volunteers agree to before submitting their registration. If you have any questions about the information below, please feel free to contact us.
So, to make sure that you/we maintain the respect of the community, Outreach360 has rules against drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, dancing, etc. No hand holding, no public displays of affection, etc. Volunteer relations with each other should not be an issue; our focus is on the children. If possible, we request that piercings and tattoos be minimized, covered, etc. And the dress code is very modest–no shorts or tank tops for the women, for example. Men should wear long pants in the schools and health clinics. As a guest, we will be responsible for fitting into the community culture, rather than expecting them to be tolerant of ours.
Outreach360 has two significant priorities regarding volunteer actions: 1) That each volunteer stays safe and healthy, and 2) That volunteers maintain and enhance the positive reputation Outreach360 has in the communities where we work. We therefore have a very structured program, with a number of guidelines designed to maintain the safety, health, and respect of our volunteers and program.
During my time with Outreach360:
- I will not smoke.
- I will not drink alcoholic beverages.
- I will not spend time at a discoteque (bar), nor dance.
- I will not swear.
- I will not use recreational drugs.
- I will not be involved in romantic public displays of affection.
- I will respect the quiet time of 10:00 P.M.
- I will not drive a motorized vehicle.
- I will not ride on a motorcycle.
- I will not give gifts or pesos directly to the children or people in the community without the involvement of my Outreach360 Team Leader.
- I will abide by the Outreach360 dress code.
- I will follow the instructions of the Outreach360 Team Leader.
- I understand that Outreach360 has a zero tolerance policy toward volunteers drinking, dancing, being at a discoteque (bar), and being outside the Outreach360 living facilities. If I violate one of these rules I will be asked to leave the program, pay for my own transportation to the airport and back home, and any additional expenses involved.
- I understand that violation of any of the other rules listed above could also result in my being asked to leave the program, at the discretion of the Outreach360 Team Leader
The funds that volunteers raise to participate on an Outreach360 trip are primarily used to support the costs of our direct service program (expenses for the community children). These yearly funds are critical to the success and operation of our educational programs. If these funds were interrupted for any reason, the future of our programs would be in doubt. Therefore, if you or your group are unable to participate on your trip for any reason (sickness, airline strike, hurricane, etc.), we request that you donate your funds outright, or credit them toward a future trip with Outreach360 taken within the next 12 months.
I understand that the primary use of these funds is to benefit community by providing basic necessities and educational opportunities. If I am unable to participate on this trip for reasons within my control or outside my control, the funds will not be refunded. They will, at my choice, either be donated outright, or be credited toward a future trip I decide to take with Outreach360 within the next 12 months.
I understand the funds I donate and raise are for this trip only, and extra funds raised will not be credited toward a future trip with Outreach360 unless I cancel from this trip and sign up for a future trip. The future trip needs to be completed within the next 12 months for my funds to transfer.
I understand that funds I raise or donate can not be transferred to another volunteer or team.
I understand that the total program donation is due 30 days prior to the trip.
Donations to Outreach360 are tax deductible and thus are non-refundable. They are not creditable toward airline expenses. If you raise more than the minimum program donation, the additional funds will be used to fund important Outreach360 programs. Thank you for your support!
- Air travel is the responsibility of each volunteer.
- I understand that all Outreach360 trips, unless agreed to otherwise, begin on a Saturday and end on a Saturday. I will plan to arrive and depart on Saturday.
- I understand that ground transportation between the airport and the Outreach360 location is included in the trip program donation, if I arrive and depart between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- I agree to allow Outreach360 to arrange my transportation for me. For safety and liability reasons I will not be permitted to arrange my own transportation between the Outreach360 site and the airport
- I understand that if I arrive or depart the airport between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., there will be an additional ground transportation charge.
- Travel to Dominican Repulic: I understand that if I arrive or depart from an airport other than the Santiago airport, there will be an additional ground transportation charge.
- Travel to Nicaragua: I understand that if I arrive or depart from an airport other than the Managua airport, there will be an additional ground transportation charge.
Outreach360 has my permission to use my photograph, video and audio recordings, likeness, artwork, profile and/or story in future publications, web pages and other promotional materials produced, used by and representing Outreach360. I understand the circulation of the materials could be worldwide and that there will be no compensation to me for this.